Google always looks through a few parameters to get the exact credibility and the noteworthiness of your website. This is done by them by checking a lot of parameters. Take a look at the list below and strategize your Google optimization efforts accordingly. Below is a list of things that you should consider before you draw out a link building exercise.
- The site that links to your site
- The page Rank of the site that links to your site
- The SERP ranking of the site that links to your site
- The number of sites which link to your site
- Number of links to your site from individual domain and sub domains
- Total number of domains and sub domains which link to your site
- Keyword relevance in sites linking to your site
- Content relevance in sites linking to your site
- Ranking and PR of the source sites
Taking into account the above points will help you in designing a successful linking plan without being dependent on external elements like agencies or consultants. Below are a few dos and don’ts about this linking process.
- Linking from Forums, Blogs, Relevant Industry leaders helps a lot.
- Keyword linking helps in case of relevant keywords
- Always go for a Do follow link, No Follow links are of no use
- Do not do link exchange as it looks like it is deliberate. Google will get you out of the race.
- List your site on top directories and social media pages